March 14, 2017

Retail therapy is it the cure


I have posted a picture from my sketchbook.  I have been
drawing alot of cityscapes in my sketchbook .  I need to
get better at them, I dont want them to look like a
kid drew them.  

I have been feeling down in the dumps lately with my art
and with me.  So I took myself off yesterday to get
a haircut, and feel a little better.  Today I am
off to lunch with my friend and a little retail
therapy thrown in on the side.  Some new
art supplies might be in the works.  Some new
skinny jeans, and new shirt, and I might
be a whole new woman.

4 comments :

  1. Don't change how you do your cityscapes too much. I love their innocence and their child-like simplicity...that does NOT mean I think they look as if a kid did them! It just means that you have discovered your own unique style and you carry it out perfectly.
    A new hair cut and some skinny jeans are always good for the soul and add in some art supplies and it's perfect. Hope you enjoyed your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your art, love your ladies and the cityscapes are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your art too, it has your personal stamp all over it! I agree a little ( or lot of ) retail therapy always works for me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with Janet...I LOVE your style..if you try to perfect what is already perfectly you it won't be the same... You have an amazing style...never forget that!! New anything at this juncture is a real treat!! Hope it gave you the pick me up you needed!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete